If the engine is difficult to ignite, it may be that the camshaft angle is too small, and the exhaust gas will ignite if it is delayed a little bit, and the exhaust gas will easily be injected back in advance.
1. All the wire must be connected in order as the picture below shows.
2. Turn the idle wheel counterclockwise. First advance the ignition advance angle by 5-10°, and then when the D-shaft on the crankshaft is about to rotate to the horizontal position, please check whether there is a spark in the red circle. If there is a spark, you do not need to adjust the ignition timing. If not, you need to adjust.
3. When adjustment is required, the wiring remains the same (as shown in Picture 1), turn the crankshaft counterclockwise so that a 2.5mm Allen key is inserted into the jack (there is a disc inside the distributor, and there is a jack on the disc)
a. If the advance angle is too large, please loosen the screw. And while ensuring that the disc does not move, turn the idle wheel a little counterclockwise, and then tighten the top wire to see if the advance angle is correct. If the advance angle is still large , Please repeat the above operation until the advance angle is advanced by 5-10°.
b. If the advance angle is too small, loosen the screw to ensure that the disc does not move, turn the idle wheel clockwise a little, and then tighten the top wire to see if the advance angle is not correct, if it is still small, repeat the above operation until The advance angle is advanced by 5-10°.
4. At this point, the timing advance angle has been adjusted, and then you need to see if the ignition sequence is correct. When looking at the ignition sequence, you need to open the cylinder head first and reconnect the wiring (as shown in the Picture 3).
5. Connect as shown in the picture, and then turn the idle wheel counterclockwise to see if the intake valve is completely closed, and then turn the idle wheel 180° counterclockwise to see if the piston corresponding to the piston cylinder is igniting. If it is, it is correct. If it is not, then you need to adjust the line (each line corresponds to a different piston cylinder), and the adjustment method is the same as the referring inspection method.
How to adjust the camshaft timing?
Upgrade of Enjomor 36cc I4 DOHC Engine
I got my engine sparking again after changing the the hall sensor. Just having trouble getting it to start rolls over and acts like it is going to start but dose not I noticed when I retarded the distributor it was cranking hard and was starting to smoke a little out of the exhaust when I advance it in tiny increments it rolls smooth but no sign of ignition without smoke from the exhaust pipe. Any information more than this post would be a great help.