How to install a timing belt of Enjomor V8 engine?
1 (the side facing the pulley) first adjust the timing of the left camshaft,
a. First take a thin shaft (make sure that it can touch the surface of the piston) and insert it into the hole of the spark plug (the position indicated by the arrow), turn the crankshaft (the side of the pulley rotates clockwise), when the piston is on top, stop turning .
b. Adjust the left camshaft so that the left camshaft reaches the state where the intake air is about to be opened and the exhaust air is just closed, and then tighten the belt (as shown in the belt state). At this time, the timing of the left belt has been adjusted.
2. (The side facing the pulley) Adjust the timing of the right camshaft,
a. Rotate the crankshaft 90° (the side of the pulley rotates clockwise), at this time, the piston in the first cylinder on the right side is in the top state and stops rotating.
b. Then pull out the left camshaft belt (note that the left belt and crankshaft belt cannot move at this time), and then turn the right camshaft, so that the right camshaft reaches the state where the intake is about to be opened and the exhaust is just closed, and then Tighten the right belt.
The timing belt is now installed.
How to Adjust Enjomor V8 Engine Ignition Timing?
Wire the igniter as shown, and start adjusting the ignition timing.
1. To adjust the ignition advance angle of a cylinder, first install the distributor base and distributor turntable. (The top wire of the turntable should not be screwed too tightly, but it should not be too loose, so that the camshaft does not move when the distributor turntable can be turned by hand, and when the crankshaft is rotated, the distributor turntable rotates with the camshaft, and its relative position remains unchanged) .
2. Connect the igniter as shown in the figure, and start to adjust the ignition advance angle.
a. First take a round bar and put it into any cylinder so that one end of the round bar touches the piston, but the end that touches the piston should not be too sharp to prevent scratching the piston.
b. Rotate the crankshaft so that the cylinder where you put the round rod is in the compression ignition stroke (intake and exhaust are closed), when the piston is about to reach the top during the compression process (1-3mm distance from the top, it can be passed through the stop rotating when the round bar is observed).
c. Then turn (the direction of rotation is the same as the direction of rotation of the camshaft) the distributor plate, stop rotating when the ignition sound is heard, and lock the top wire of the distributor disk. (Pay attention to the wiring in the yellow circle, do not connect them completely, but keep a little distance, otherwise the ignition sound will be small and not easy to hear).
3. At this point, the ignition advance angle has been adjusted, and you can turn the crankshaft to verify.
How to Install a Enjomor V8 Engine Distributor Back Cover?
1. Install the rear cover of the distributor, (before installing the rear cover of the distributor, you need to turn the crankshaft to the position where a certain cylinder is just ignited). When the position of the distributor disc is fixed, screw on the screws of the rear cover of the distributor, such as the left side. The triggering position in the circle in the picture corresponds to the line just above the right picture after the rear cover is installed, so that line is the ignition line of that cylinder.
2. Then insert the corresponding ignition wires into the corresponding cylinders according to the ignition sequence. The firing order is as follows:
The front end is the timing pulley end, and the rear end is the flywheel end
Very nice engine !!!!
Enjomor need to make an improved distributor for the four cylinder engine also, one that can stand up to vibrationes and where setscrews do not come loose.
I notice on most of the engines ( also Cison 175) it is no extended crankshaft or other device to attach an connector to another shaft , gearbox, or propeller shaft. You have to provide a clutch or just a flexible joint.
Keep up the good work , I love these engines…….