.Vintage engine: At the first sight of this H75 engine, i think some of you have already recognized that it's a miniature Caterpillar Holt 75 engine.The gasoline Holt 75 Caterpillar was the best-selling of the Holt "tractors" with a chassis running on crawler tracks from 1910s to 1920s for agricultural and military purposes. It earned a high reputation as a quality farming tractor among the farmers and was widely used in WWI by hauling artillery and ammunition in the United States, in England and France, and in some other countries. This is a vertical four-cylinder gasoline engine with vintage appearance and design with a mechanical limiter, which allows the engine to stabilize a set speed. The engine is cooled by water circulation, with a heat sink, water pump, and fan. Equipped with ignition system, using 4.5V (AA battery *3) power supply.
.This is a perfect mechanical handicraft. It is made of brass and stainless steel. It is assembled and positioned on a wooden base. It is ready to run at any time. It can work normally after refueling. You will marvel at it and feel the unique charm brought by the mechanical operation of the engine.
.Steps for starting the engine:
(1) Check the engine wiring from the wooden base, connect the fuel tank oil pipe, and install 3 AA batteries (4.5V);
(2) Fill the fuel tank with 95# gasoline. The flywheel rotates clockwise multiple times on the right side of the engine (the surface of the power switch), its function can make the mixed fuel completely enter the cylinder and ensure that there is no air in the fuel pipe;
(3) Turn on the power switch, and then quickly turn the flywheel clockwise to stop the engine Start the engine on the right side (surface of the power switch). .Attention:
(1) After the engine is started, you need to continue filling water into the water tank, because after started, the water will enter the cylinder to fill the space, and the water path in the cylinder will return to the water tank through the pipe.
(2) If the ignition device is normal and the cylinder compression is normal, and the machine cannot start normally, it is likely that the carburetor oil needle needs to be adjusted.
(3) After tightening the main oil needle on the carburetor, loosen 1/4 turn and start the flywheel to make the mixing ratio of gasoline and air reach the normal working mixing ratio.
(4) When the machine stops running, the power switch should be turned off. .Increadible creative gift: This is an excellent personalized toy for mechanical and model enthusiasts, it will accompany you to spend leisure time. It can be used as a collection, or as a gift for personalized high-end model gifts at Christmas and birthdays.
.Material: Brass+ Stainless Steel + Bamboo .Engine Size: 230 X 100 X 180mm .Wooden base size: 250 X 120 X 30mm .Displacement: 12CC .Bore: 13mm .Stroke: 20mm .Igniter power supply voltage: 4.5 V (using 3 AA batteries, excluding batteries) .Starting method: external force (electric drill) or manual .Suitable age: 14 years old and above .Product Dimensions: 25 x 12 x 21cm .Product Weight: 3500g .Package Dimensions: 30 x 30 x 20cm .Package Weight: 3800g .Packing: Box
Great engine .Runs as well as it looks ,especially after a few tanks of fuel it now cold starts by hand very easily.
Very beautiful little engine.
I can just agree with everybody else. This is a fantastic little engine and I was very happy when I received it in good condition. After some adjustments, oil in the crankcase, it started easily with a nice sound. But, and this is very important: YOU CAN NOT USE ZIPPY LIGHTER FUEL! It will destroy the engine. This happened for me in two cases. I ordered new engines and used 2% 2-stroke fuel instead and now I am very happy indeed. (I bought the airfilter from Stirlingkit.)
CHAN Hong Ling Jacky
Great Historical 4-cylinder 4-stroke water-cooled engine model
The engine arrived in great shape with good packing. Only thing need to realign the water pump belt in a cross-belt fashion and adjust cooling fan cowl to clear-off the touching of fan blade, upon open up the side covers, the crankshaft and bearing machining quality is very precise, also on exterior layout is very neat and clean. A great model engine for scale model engine collectors and model designers, either you can run it or as a metal display model, proud to have one in the desk-top.
H75 Holt Tractor Engine
I just recieved my H75 engine, and I'm very impressed with the detail and how well it runs.
I'm a machinist by trade, and in my opinion, the fit and finish of this engine for the price is an amazing deal. It is by no means perfect straight from the box, with some minor defects such as rocker arms that seemed to be a little loose, but it is easy to adjust most of the looseness away with the correct size screwdriver.
To get started, all I had to do is fill the engine with 3 AA batteries, coolant, oil, gasoline, and adjust the carburetor needle to 1/4 turn from fully closed. And it ran great once started with a drill straight out of the box.
The only adjustments the engine needs to run perfectly are reducing the valve lash, adjusting the carburetor needle for best throttle response, and adjusting the throttle idle bolt.
The best part is that it really sounds just like a 4 cylinder tractor engine. I definitely recommend this engine! It's awesome!
Nice engine but
The engine is a beautiful thing for sure and is happy running at low RPM.
I'm still, after years of using Stirling, mystified by their complete lack of interest in creating instructions. Not only are the included instructions inadequate but the scant text they contain laughingly unreadable. You would think that they could pay a service to proof read the appalling Chinglish. The website text is little better.
The first thing I do is rewrite the 'instructions' so I have something with the item for future reference.